Friday, February 3, 2012

An Oldie, but Goodie…

So, I stepped away from the blog last week – life was getting in the way.  I was busy working on taxes, and starting the FAFSA, so that the oldest boy child can go to college in the fall.  Scary!

I jumped back into card making with another challenge from Splitcoast Stampers.  This Clean & Simple (# 155) challenge was inspired by a picture on a jigsaw puzzle.  It is a very pretty picture of a house by a lake.  Colors were greens, with pops of reds & yellows.

            2012-02-03_08-54-44_146-1 (640x628)

So, I wanted to bring you both a scene of serenity and play with the red and yellow against the green.  The tree & hammock stamp is a discontinued stamp by the original A Muse Artstamps.  Fabulous, huh?  Yep.  It was one that I cannot part with yet.  The Grunged Sunray is a current stamp by A Muse, that I used 3 of the new Venetian colors with my daubers.  Loving them!  Made grass with Washi tape.

 

Supplies Used:

  • Wasabi A|S Cardstock for base
  • Winter Sky A|S Cardstock
  • Nestabilities Labels #8
  • A|S Fern Twine (Discontinued – but available until 2/29 at my online store)
  • Hammock Stamp (Discontinue A Muse Artstamps)
  • Sentiment – from A|S Life’s A Breeze
  • A|S inks: Burano, Lido & Bellini
  • Stazon Jet Black
  • Copics: E57 Light Walnut, G94 Grayish Olive & Colorless Blender (for stripes in tree)
  • A|S Washi Tape (green from the Fall Palette)

1 comment: