Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Make New Friends, but Keep the Old…

Does anyone else remember the song from Girl Scouts?  Yeah, if you do, sorry for the “earworm” song, but it has been going through my head the entire time I was working on this card.  Now, it just might be going through yours…
                   as charming gardeners 002
It is another card with the new stamp set, Charming Gardeners.  The fabulous sentiment & the flower stamp are both from that set.  The flowers are on a single stamp, and they are slightly smaller than the single flower that I colored yesterday.  I used the Cherry & Orange Vintage cardstock to paper piece the flowers, then colored the “underside” of the petals with a coordinating Copic.

While I had a lot of fun using the Copics yesterday to blend colors for the flowers, I wanted you all to see another way to use them.  I know that a lot of you do not have Copics, and did not want you to rule out this flowers.  There are a ton of great ways to use this set!!

The old friend that we used is the Polka Dot Paper.  Sadly, it will be retiring soon.  But, there will always have a spot in my heart (spot – get it?!?) for the Polka Dots.  They were the first A Muse paper  I ever tried and they won me over.  You can still order it through February 1st, and don’t be surprised if you still see me use it once it is retired.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am challenging myself to play along with the folks at SCS.  It is sa great way to keep myself motivated, and I hope to see you playing along!!  I got this layout from a Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers - SC367 Sketch Challenge.

Check back soon to see more Sneaky Peaks!

1 comment: